- Do you rarely use a cell phone?
- Do talk and text all the time but don’t use much data?
- Do you use lots of data, talk and text?
- Do you use primarily data, but not other device services?
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Thursday, October 31, 2013
- “As far as call quality and service area, I couldn't be happier.”
- “As soon as I switched from AT&T to a Straight Talk phone that uses Verizon towers, I noticed a drastic improvement in call clarity and a decrease in the number of dropped calls.”
- “The price is also a great benefit, as I didn't have unlimited talk or data with AT&T and was always worried about going over my allotted amount.”
- “If you are someone who lives and works in the same zip code, I would completely recommend Straight Talk for your wireless needs."
Friday, October 18, 2013
Friday, October 11, 2013
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Your stories of kindness and generosity inspired us to do something good, too. So we're giving away thousands of dollars in prizes for the best story about switching things for the better - for you or someone else. Enter our “Switch It To Win It Challenge” for a chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes, and then use your winnings to lend someone a hand!
To win, just share how you'd use $1,000 to do some good. You just might win it. There are two ways to enter:
- Share what you'd switch to help someone you care about. If you want, add a photo to help tell the story. You could win $1,000 + a Samsung Galaxy SIII!
- To enter, share what you'd switch to help someone you care about in a video that's 60 seconds or less. Post your original creation to YouTube, share the link and add a description. You just might win $5,000 + a Samsung Galaxy SIII
Ready to inspire someone? Visit the “Switch It To Win It Challenge” tab on the Straight Talk Facebook page to get started.
*Average savings is $974
Friday, May 17, 2013
Are you holding out on buying a cell phone because you’re waiting for the latest and greatest to arrive? Well, you don’t have to wait anymore - The next big thing is already here. Today, we’re proud to introduce you to the Samsung Galaxy S III.
Features that make this phone stand out from the crowd include:
- 4G LTE – Enjoy faster speeds on 4G networks.
- 8.0/1.9 Megapixel Cameras – Use both rear and front facing cameras.
- 4.8 HD Super AMOLED – 4.8 inches of high-definition display; true and perfect color with ultra fast response time.
- Pop up play – Do two things at once: watch a video as you email or text.
- Smart Keyboard – The phone recognizes the next letter based on your typing pattern and the proximity to each touched key.
- Smart Stay – The screen maintains a bright display as long as you’re looking at it.
- Direct Call – If you’re sending a message, but decide to call instead, simply lift the phone to your ear and it will dial your friend’s number automatically.
- Social Tag – Keep track of your friends at a glance. Just look at a photo of them for current online status.
- S Voice – You can tell the phone to wake up, answer an incoming call, or even take a photo.
- S Beam – Place two Samsung Galaxy S III’s back-to-back and you can transfer pictures, music, videos, and more.
Sold on the amazingness that is the Samsung Galaxy S III? Make it yours.
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Have you entered our Fish With a Pro sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Lake Chickamauga, TN? Enter now and you could be fishing with a pro in no time!
Now, let’s introduce you to one of our favorite Straight Talk FLW pros, JT Kenney.
JT Kenney with a two big snooks from the Sebastian Inlet.
Hailing from Frostburg Maryland, JT Kenney has been a pro angler for 12 years. He is almost completely self-taught and looks back on the days when he would strap a fishing pole on his back, hop on his mini motorcycle and spend the day fishing in ponds, creeks and the head waters of the Potomac River. From ponds all the way to the national circuit, here’s a little more about million-dollar grossing JT Kenney.
Straight Talk: Hi JT, thanks for chatting with us today! We have to ask, around how many days per year do you fish?
JT Kenney: I spend about 220 days per year on the water, so a more than half of the year.
ST: What was your most memorable tournament as a fishing pro?
JT: My very first tour level event in 2002. I won the whole thing and got a small taste of victory.
ST: What is your biggest catch in competition?
JT: My biggest tournament catch was a 9.12 pounder at the Bass Master tournament. It felt like a big thing of money on the other end of the line!
ST: Nice! What is your favorite pre-event meal?
JT: Anything from what I like to call “God’s Grocery Store”—sushi, fish, deer, duck, fish, mushrooms from the woods, and oysters I knock off rocks myself!
ST: Sounds delicious. What else do you like to do when you’re not fishing?
JT: I like hunting, salt water fishing, and cooking.
ST: What is your best piece of advice for an aspiring angler?
JT: I always tell them to spend more time on the water - that’s how you learn to be successful. I can’t tell you everything there is to know, but just be out there and enjoy it.
Thanks JT. Now head over to straighttalkfishwithapro.com and you could be on a boat with a pro angler like him!
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
This week, we’re rolling out a few changes to our 30 day International Long Distance Plan offering and want to give you the scoop.
It’s our mission to offer great plans at a low cost. In order to do so, we’re taking steps to manage the demand for calls to cellular phones in Mexico. To improve the quality and reliability of our service to international destinations for our customers and to reduce network congestion, we will make the following changes to our 30 day Unlimited* International Service Plan, including all plans or cards in the Reserve.
Effective May 1st , 2013 each 30 day plan will include:
- 400 minutes for calls to cellular phones in Mexico
- You will be able to call up to 15 unique international numbers
- International calls to landlines and cellular phones in Canada, China and India
All items will be reset upon service renewal each month. Unused minutes do not carry over.
For more information about these changes to our international calling plan, please review the Terms and Conditions of Service available at http://www.straighttalk.com/.
We appreciate your business. If you have any questions at all, please leave a comment below or on our Facebook page.
The Straight Talk Team
We’re thrilled to announce our Fish With A Pro sweepstakes. Enter to win a trip for two to Lake Chickamauga, TN to fish with an FLW pro angler! You know you want to be out on the water.
Straight Talk: Scott, thanks for joining us today! When did you start fishing?
Scott: I started fishing at just 3 years old. I remember sitting in the live well of the boat with my dad and uncle while they fished.
Straight Talk: Wow! So then at what age did you start fishing competitively?
Scott: I started competing at 12 years old, and then really picked it up at 16 when I could drive. While I do love the fellowship of fishing, I enjoy the competition even more. I’m going on my 6th year as a pro angler.
Straight talk: How much time per week do you spend fishing?
Scott: About 45 hours/week.
Straight Talk: When you’re out on the water and you make a big catch, how does it feel?
Scott: It feels like a major adrenalin rush! Even though a bass fight is not a long one (they’re smaller fish, so it takes about 30 seconds), it’s the most exciting moment on the water.
Straight Talk: What do you like to eat to prepare for a long day on the water?
Scott: My favorite pre-event meal has to be grilled Oregon salmon that tournament roommate Jay Yelas always brings down.
Straight Talk: What do you like to do when you’re not fishing?
Scott: I enjoy hunting, golfing, and especially teaching my daughter how to fish. One of her ambitions is to go to University of Alabama and be the first to win the Bass Master Classic. She really enjoys the sport.
Straight Talk: Do you have any advice for aspiring anglers?
Scott: There’s nothing better than hands-on experience and time on the water. Read articles about fishing, fishing magazines, fishing TV shows, but the biggest thing is time on the water and experience. Fish as much as you can.
Straight Talk: Great advice. Is there anything else we should know about you?
Scott: I feel blessed to what I do as a living. I enjoy taking other people and kids fishing and hope I can teach younger children how to get into the sport. I also love taking my dad and uncle fishing and trying to put them on some fish… like they used to do for me when I was kid.
Wanna learn more about Scott? Join him for Twitter party on May 2nd at 12pm EST. Use #FLWchat to ask questions and be qualified to win a Straight Talk Android phone! Until then, be sure to head over to straighttalkfishwithapro.com for a chance to win a day on the water with an angler like Scott.
Friday, April 26, 2013
We take pride in saving you cash by providing the best phones on America’s best networks for only $45/month. When you add it up, you’re saving a substantial amount of dough (roughly $950 a year).
Keeping savings in mind, have you ever taken a second to think what it would take for you to save that much cash in a year? Did you know in order to save $950/year you would have to give up celebrating your birthday, anniversary and Valentine’s Day?
Not big into celebrations anyway? OK – how about no home a/c, internet and makeup. Think you can handle that? Step up and play “The Great $950 Dare,” the game which shows you what it really takes to save $950/year.
Spin as much as you like and see just how many life luxuries you’d have to sacrifice in order to save. Remember – you and your loved ones avoid sacrificing the essentials by switching to Straight Talk!
Monday, April 22, 2013
If you’re reading this, chances are you’re not fishing in the great outdoors. We’d like to change that.
Calling all aspiring anglers - -Today we’re kicking off the Straight Talk “Fish with a Pro” FLW sweepstakes! Enter our sweeps for a chance to win a fishing trip with an FLW Outdoors Pro Angler in Lake Chickamauga, TN! Tell your best fishing buddy to pack his bags as well, because this prize is a trip for two!
Enter the sweepstakes here and get your “Gone Fishin’” sign ready. There’s a big mouth bass with your name on it!
Monday, April 8, 2013
We want to take this opportunity to address a topic that we know is important to you - data limits on your Straight Talk plan.
You may have heard rumors online that there is a hard cap of 1.5GB for data on Straight Talk. We want to clear this up for you right away: We are NOT cutting off data at 1.5GB on Straight Talk. The data limit in reference only applies to Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP™) AT&T-compatible SIMs on our sister brand, NET10. In fact, most of our customers enjoy their unlimited data plans with no issues or complaints regarding their data speeds or service. Please see sections seven and eight of Straight Talk’s terms and conditions for full details.
Still worried about your data usage? Here are a few tips to help you conserve your data:
- Connect to WiFi whenever possible to avoid using data entirely. WiFi Finder can help you discover open WiFi networks.
- Close applications that are not in use (this can save your battery, too!).
- Turn off auto-updates for apps or change the settings to update over WiFi only.
- Turn off automatic photo uploading or change the settings to upload over WiFi only.
- Turn off push “as items arrive” email. Instead, set your email account to sync every hour or longer.
- Browse mobile friendly websites instead of full webpages, which use more data to view.
- Use apps that help you manage data. In Android 4.0 or later, you can set limits and alerts on your usage. Otherwise, you can download 3rd party apps for Android and iOS such as:
- Onavo – iOS/Android
- Data Usage - iOS
Questions? Leave a comment below.
The Straight Talk Team
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Video chatting, popping spontaneous letters in the mail, long drives. If you’re in a long-distance relationship, these activities may sound all too familiar. But we’re here for you - No matter where your loved one is located, we want to make it easier to stay connected with your loved ones. Straight Talk’s nationwide unlimited call, text and data plans keep the conversation going for only $45/month, so you won’t break the bank (even if you fall asleep on the phone).
If your significant other lives abroad, don’t fret! For only $60/month you can make calls on our Unlimited International Long Distance plan to over 30 countries. Now it’s easier than ever with the Straight Talk International Android app.
Monday, March 18, 2013
April 15 will be here before you know it so if you’ve been putting off filing your taxes it’s time to get on the ball. We’re here to offer a few tips for you to make the process a little less stressful.
Tax Tip #1: Filing via DIY software? Do your homework!
There are many DIY tax options out there – be sure to choose the one that’s right for you. Before purchasing, take some time and scour the web for product reviews.
Tax Tip #2: Save money by filing sooner rather than later.
We’re still early into tax season which means there are deals available from tax prep companies and software programs. If you file soon you can take advantage of these great deals and alleviate the last minute rush on tax day. It’s a win-win!
Tax Tip #3: Don’t stress – you can always file for an extension.
Running into a snag that will prevent you from filing on time? Not to worry – you can always file for an extension. Form 4868 is available online and is included in most DIY tax prep software.
Tax Tip #4: Turn your return into savings
If you’re getting a return, sit back and relax - extra cash is headed your way! Use that cash to purchase a Straight Talk Wireless smartphone and you’ll turn your tax return into savings of $950/year.*
What are you favorite tax time tips? Share them with us in the comments below.
Friday, March 1, 2013
International access numbers – they've always been hard to live with, but necessary for making international calls. Until now, that is!
We’re excited to introduce you to the Straight Talk International app – a simple, free solution for those with the Straight Talk Unlimited International plan. This free app allows you to directly call stored contacts or international numbers minus the hassle of dialing access numbers. Here’s how it works:
- Download the app on Google Play
- Go to your contacts with the international number previously saved or dial 011-country code + city code + number
- You’re connected! You don’t have to open the app to make a call!
Staying in contact with your friends and family all over the world has never been easier.
Download the app here. Who are you calling first? Let us know in the comments below.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
It’s that time again! Yes – tax season has arrived and it’s time to file, file, file. Sure, the process might be dreadful, but there’s no better feeling than when you receive that sweet return.
What if we told you that you could reap the rewards of your return year round? Stop by a participating Walmart this Friday (3/1) and Saturday (3/2) to get the scoop on Straight Talk. Representatives will be present to discuss savings and benefits you’ll receive from switching to Straight Talk as well as answer questions.
Bonus for iPhone lovers! If you’ve had your eyes set on a new iPhone, you’ll learn all about how you can finance one for as little as $25/month.
Find the closest participating store here and be on your way to having nationwide coverage on America’s largest most reliable networks while saving as much as $950/year*.
*Average savings is $974.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
It’s time to celebrate! Starting today you can get a Blackberry on Straight Talk for the first time ever. That’s right, we’ve got the BlackBerry Curve 9310 with unlimited* talk, text and data for just $45 a month!*
So just how much power is packed into this device’s punch? Check out these sweet features:
- Tune in now – there’s room for tons of mp3s as well as built in FM radio
- Hurry up – enjoy the latest, most advanced OS ever: Blackberry 7.1
- Type in luxury – enjoy typing with ease on a qwerty keyboard
- Talk is now cheap – use Wi-Fi instead of cell coverage
- Capture the moment – 3.2 Megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom
- Stay in touch – one touch access to Blackberry Messenger (BBM) keeps you connected with friends and family
And that’s not all! Check out the entire list of specs at the bottom of this post.
Ready to make this phone yours? Stop by your local Walmart or simply purchase it online here.
- BlackBerry 7.1 OS
- 2.44” QVGA display
- Sleekly sized at 109mm x 60mm x 12.7mm
- 512 MB on-board memory, expandable to 32 GB microSD
- 8 hours Talk-time/18 days Stand-by
- 70 hours music playback w/headset
- 3.2 MP camera, flash, image stabilization, face detection, 4x digital zoom
- GPS-enabled with preloaded BlackBerry Maps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/gn enabled
- Network Dual Band: 800/1900 MHZ CDMA /EV-DO networks
- Local FM radio reception capable
- Convenience Keys for BBM, camera and multimedia functions
Friday, February 1, 2013
Friday, January 25, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
- Bring an AT&T or T-mobile compatible GSM phone, or an unlocked GSM phone.
- Purchase a straight talk SIM card & airtime bundle. Standard and micro SIM cards available.
- Activate your SIM by following the easy instructions included in the activation guide that comes with your SIM card. You will need an Unlimited* Service Plan to activate your SIM. Buy it during checkout or during the Activation process.
- Walmart offers financing for as low as $25/month on the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. Plus there’s no interest and no contract.
itself over time
a. Purchase the iPhone 5 for $649 upfront paired with a $45 Unlimited* plan.
· $649 iPhone 5
· Unlimited* talk, text and data access: $45/month
· Total cost: $1,189/year
b. Cost of the iPhone 5 on a leading contract plan:
· iPhone 5: $199.99 with a 2 year contract
· Data plan: $140/month
· Total cost: $1,799/year
c. Do the math.
So whether you BYOP, finance your phone, or pay up-front, know that Straight Talk offers the best deals on the full package. iPhone + $45/month Unlimited* = huge savings.
Friday, January 11, 2013
- iPhone 5: $25/month
- Unlimited* data plan: $45/month
- Total cost: $840/year***
- iPhone 5: $199.99 with a 2 year contract
- 10 GB data plan: $140/month
- Total cost: $1,799/year
Monday, January 7, 2013
In a pinch for a new phone, SIM or service plan with no Walmart around? Now you can find Straight Talk in airports, malls and train stations across the country. See below for a full list of locations where you can stock up on the go at a Straight Talk Automated Retail Shop.
Laguna Hills Mall
Round Rock Premium Outlets
Surpassing Verizon, TracFone notches 1.1M net adds in Q4
Feb. 9 2011 - 6:03 pm - América Móvil's TracFone MVNO service netted a whopping 1.1 million new subscribers in the fourth quarter of 2010, finishing the period with a total of 17.7 million subscribers.
TracFone's net adds put it in the same league as some of the nation's Tier 1 wireless carriers. For example, Verizon Wireless (NYSE:VZ ), the nation's largest wireless carrier, recorded 955,000 total net customer additions in the fourth quarter, ending the period with 102.2 million "total wireless connections."
Such a comparison isn't completely fair, however. TracFone doesn't operate its own wireless network--instead, as an MVNO, the company essentially piggybacks on the networks of Verizon , AT&T Mobility (NYSE:T ) and T-Mobile USA, reselling their services under TracFone's brands, which include Straight Talk, Net10 and others. Thus, TracFone's net customer additions are also counted by its host carriers under their "wholesale" column.
Nonetheless, TracFone's stellar growth is notable. The company has grown its U.S. subscriber base from 14.4 million in December of 2009 to 16.7 million in September 2010 to 17.7 million at the end of the fourth quarter of last year.
As for TracFone's subscriber metrics, the company's minutes of use skyrocketed 219 percent year over year, from 94 in the fourth quarter of 2009 to 300 in the fourth quarter of 2010. TracFone attributed the growth to its Straight Talk unlimited service. TracFone's average revenue per user grew from $10 to $14 during the same period while its churn remained relatively unchanged at around 4 percent.
Read the full story here.
Straight Talk uses one of America's best networks, so you're assured of great coverage, fewer dropped calls and clear connections.
Whether you talk, text or send and receive data, Straight Talk's got you covered.
Click here or on the map for a closer look.
CTIA-The Wireless Association's statement on usage and cost for mobile phone calls
WASHINGTON, DC – CTIA-The Wireless Association® issued the following statement today in response to the OECD Communications Outlook report on usage and cost for mobile phone calls:
The headline from the recently released OECD Communications Outlook report reads that Finland, the Netherlands, and Sweden have the lowest prices for mobile phone calls among OECD countries, while the highest prices were found in Canada, Spain, and the United States. But since U.S. consumers enjoy the lowest per minute rates of all of the OECD countries, what today’s OECD report really shows is that some international comparisons just don’t make sense – especially when built on flawed assumptions.
The real story is buried on page 275 of the OECD report which states:
“It is important to note again that the OECD calling pattern in the basket can be significantly different than common calling profiles in a specific country. For example, the high-usage OECD basket includes 1,680 outgoing voice calls per year while users in the United States average 9,600 minutes of voice calls (combined incoming and outgoing) per year. In this case the basket provides the cost of buying exactly the calls and messages in the OECD basket rather than what may be considered a ‘typical’ bundle in the market.”
Read the full article here.